Many users find level of comfort while working on Windows XP. Microsoft Security option is one of the best programs in Windows, for PC protection. You can run this program and make enable security option. This program stops threatening programs to launch. At times, when you want to install or uninstall any program, your system does not precede the instruction. Meanwhile, you observe that your Microsoft security essentials also not working properly. In addition, an error code 0X80070715 appears on screen.
You feel uncomfortable when you do not know the basic reasons behind this error. This error code indicates corrupt or missing files in the system. If there is any error in the system regarding system files, then it will not allow any application to proceed. Your system might be infected with any virus or bad changes, applied to the system configuration. At times corrupted registry also creates hurdle in any function. For this, you need to fix registry errors with the help ofbest registry cleaner. If problem still exists, then follow the below steps for solution:
a) Last Known Good Configuration:
1. Restart System
2. Press f8
3. In the boot menu, select “Last Known Good Configuration”
4. Press Enter
It will start system with the last known good configuration that worked on your system. However, you may proceed to next step.
b) Run SFC Scan:
It will check for missing or corrupt system files. At times, corrupt or missing files in the system generate different errors. Moreover, you experience various problems while taking any action in the system.
1. Click Start Button
2. Type “cmd” in search box and press Enter
3. Command prompt will launch, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter
4. It will scan files and automatically fix the errors.
5. Insert Windows disk if asked in the command prompt.
c) Perform System Restore:
You may need to perform system restore action. It has certain restore points for the system. Follow the procedure to take system restore action in operating system.
1. Click Start Button and select All Programs
2. Navigate to the Accessories> System Tools > System Restore
3. You will find option “Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time,” click to Select it
4. Click Next to continue
5. On the Select a Restore Point Window, click the Most Recent System Restore Point
6. Mark the Restore Point> click Next to proceed
7. On the “Confirm Restore Point,” click Next to confirm
8. Restart PC and check if problem is solved.