Using system files, one can make mistakes that result in damaging Windows files. However, making mistakes in operating system sometime create serious issues for you. Often time, we delete or move some files to wrong destination. It may affect Windows registry. Furthermore, bad changes in the registry files cause system slowdown.
Damages and mistakes can be cured in various ways. Microsoft gives you opportunity to restore certain deleted files.
Using Last Known Good Configuration:
You can solve some problem by stating Windows using last known good configuration. It is a recovery option, consists of settings that worked last time to launch Windows. Moreover, it is different in other operating systems. It also helps to recover Windows startup issues.
1. Start system
2. Press f8 and Windows Advanced Option will appear
3. Select Last Known Good Configuration.
4. Press Enter.
Use the Windows System Restore Utility:
Windows system restore utility is an effective tool used in the data recovery. Moreover, this utility helps a user to recover device driver issues, missing/corrupt DLL files and issues with Windows registry.
When a restore point is generated, it saves important files of Windows. Moreover, these files can be restored by using system restore.
1. Press Start button> go to Programs
2. Select Accessories> System Tools> System Restore
3. Select Restore My Compute to an earlier Time> Click Next
4. On the left, select an available data on the calendar
5. Select specific restore point on the left
6. Click Next on the Confirm Restore Point Selection
7. System restore will now restore Windows files to the previous state (restore point)
8. Restoration complete window will appear when system after login
9. Click OK to continue Windows XP
Repair Protected Windows Operating System Files:
One can repair Windows protected files using “sfc / scannow” utility. In addition, it will inspect all Windows protected files. If file checker detects any issue with files, “sfc /scannow” will repair/replace files.
Follow the procedure:
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Type “sfc /scannow” and Enter
3. System file checker will confirm the veracity all protected files
4. Restart Windows
Clean Windows Registry:
Windows registry is the database of all settings and information about operating system. Continuous changes create a chaos in it. With the help of a good registry optimizer program, clean it. The unused files will be deleted.